Since its creation in January 2012, the Foundation has funded the establishment and continued operation of its flagship programme, the Political Economy of Financial Markets at St Antony's College at Oxford University. Now that the programme is firmly embedded as a core programme in St Antony's European Studies Centre, the Trustees have decided that the Financial Markets Policies Foundation has fully and successfully achieved its purpose, and is no longer needed. Accordingly it has now closed.
The Foundation supported and published academic research into:
- the role and impact of financial markets in contemporary and historical society;
- the relations between governments and financial markets; and
- their impact on the public good.
The Trustees would like to pay tribute to the late Max Watson who inspired and led the Political Economy of Financial Markets programme in its formative stages.
If you are interested in supporting the continuing work of this programme, please contact St Antony's College directly.
The Trustees were:
- Mr Lester Corp B.Sc.(Econ), FCA, FCIM (Chairman)
- Mr Denys Bennett CEng, M.Sc.(now curator of this website)
- Mr Nick Dove PhD
- Mr Kjell O. Hauge M.Sc., MBA
- Mr John Howell M.A.
Originally but no longer a Registered Charity in England and Wales (No 1147246)
Originally but no longer a Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales (No 7926570)